Sleeps 2 ( +1) min one week stay
This romantic hideaway is the perfect place for lovers--young and old--or anyone seeking a very special place from which to view the unforgettable Tuscan and Umbrian countryside. Poised on a high hillside, the house has spectacular views of rolling hills and valleys, looming castles, and cultivated fields--a landscape that could only be Italy
Vacation Property Details
Casa Carina, a reconstructed stone barn, which was once a key element in an extended agricultural estate. Recently restored, the house has a dramatic, luminous two-story living room with picture window imbedded in a lovely stone wall, which rises like a natural sculpture on the southwestern interior of the house.
The dramatic master bedroom is located up a staircase with hand-crafted wrought iron balustrade, and has views on four sides. It is furnished with an antique, painted armoire, massive hand made chestnut bed, beechwood blanket chest and desk with phone and electrical jacks suitable for computer use.
An efficiently designed kitchen--complete with granite counters, chestnut cupboards, old style china cabinet and antique oval walnut tablehas French doors that lead to an outdoor stone terrace and grape arbor, ideal for outdoor dining and view gazing.
A beautiful and efficient wood-burning stove, double-glazed windows, and heated towel racks in the bathroom make this a particularly cozy retreat for the colder months. Perfect for a couple, the house also has a fold-out couch in the living room, which can accommodate a child.
- Fully equipped kitchen with modern appliances and dishwasher.
- Full length bath tub and shower, bidet, pedestal sink, heated towel rack.
- Central heating and washer and dryer.
- Beautiful ceramic wood stove.
- Double glazed windows and screens for year-round use.
- Furnished with antiques and pieces built by local craftsmen using old designs.
- Attractive linens and towels.
- Good mattresses and reading lights.
- Stone terrace, herb and flower gardens, suitable for outdoor dining and lounging.
- Organic vegetable garden.
- Personalized Italian cooking lessons and/or serving at home, available upon request.
- Elegant 18 meter by 7 meter infinity swimming pool
Casa Carina can be rented separately or in conjunction with CASA LA QUERCIA, CASA LA PIETRA and CASA CIELO.
Please note re Driveway: Please note also that the approach to Casa Carina and La Pietra is by way of an unpaved driveway, approx. 2 km, it is steep in parts but does not present a problem if driven slowly; It is regularly maintained and can take vehicles of all sizes; Once you have done it a few times you may wonder why you gave it a 2nd thought the first time.
Included/Excluded in Price
Included: All linens, towels and utilities, are included in the price. We provide a full house cleaning and linen change every 6 or 7 days.
Tenants have free access to all linen and towel closets, washing machines and dryers, and are responsible for changing their own towels.
All utilities free of charge summer and winter, including central heating and wood for fireplaces On request: Price List for Additional Services
- Broadband internet service - flat fee for telephone and broadband internet service - unlimited use for a week at 30 per floor; 45 for 2 weeks; 55 for 3 weeks, plus 5 per week thereafter
- Additional cleaning requested by the client is charged at a rate of 12 per hour per cleaning person
- Laundry is charged at the rate of 15 per load, if tenants wish for our cleaning people to do their laundry and towels
- Shopping for arrival supply of groceries - 30 plus the cost of the groceries
- welcome dinner
- Personalized Italian cooking lessons;
- in home cook, great meals!
The villa is located in the countryside near this little village of Preggio.
View Larger Map
We had a wonderful time here,the best was cooking with Elizabeth! we used the herbs from the garden, the meal amazing.