Casa Cote Sud
Sleeps up to 19 in 8 very spacious bedrooms: 2 twin, 5 double and a lofted bedroom containing a sofa bed, a twin and a double bed. Bathrooms All en suite
This stunning luxury villa, featured on the cover of Cote Sud and many other Interior Design magazines is a unique. Set on a hillside, in the beautiful Val d'Orcia, south of Montepulciano, this luxury villa in Tuscany is perfect for 8 or 9 couples, or a large family group. We have had beautiful wedding here - as the exterior stone staircase, with the backdrop of the rolling hills of Tuscany and the infinity edge pool make for amazing photos.
Vacation Property Details
The house has a huge exterior stone staircase leading to the first floor. The first floor may also be reached by an internal staircase. Two stone-paved patios flank the external staircase. One is an outdoor dining area with a large built-in barbecue. Beyond is the infinity lap pool (4 meters wide and 20 meters long). Positioned to the side of the lap pool is a large hot tub for eight. (enjoy at sunset, amazing!)
The living room measures 50 square meters and contains a handsome fireplace. There are French-doors leading to the patio/dining and garden areas. The adjacent dining room has the capacity to seat 20. The large state-of-the-art kitchen seats 12. There is a huge hearth, two five-burner stoves, two large ovens, and a large double door refrigerator with an icemaker.
The house can comfortably sleep eight couples plus three children. More infants can sleep in any bedroom by adding cots and cradles (each room is large enough to accommodate additional beds). Most bathrooms have stone sinks designed by the owners wife who has her own home furnishings boutique in Rome and draws most of her inventory from Italian artisans who create pieces based on her original designs.
- Sleeps up to 19 in 8 very spacious bedrooms: 2 twin, 5 double and a lofted bedroom containing a sofa bed, a twin and a double bed. All en suite accommodations
- Stunning kitchen: great hearth (3 meters large) for grilling, 10 gas burners, two large ovens, microwave, double sized fridge, central table for 12
- Dining room for 20 seated, splendid sunset and clay hills views
- Spacious living room with fireplace
- Heated jet stream swimming pool 20x4 meters (66x13 feet). In summer the water temperature naturally reaches 86°F in sunny days and in mid season you can enjoy a mild temperature of the pool at no cost.
- Hot tub for 6, jet stream
- Ancient stone paved sheltered dining patio for 20 seated with built in barbecue
- Second patio stone paved as well for drinks at sunset
- House laundry (heavy duty machinery)
- Guest’s laundry (washing machine and tumble dryer)
- Satellite TV, DVD, stereo player
- No radiators, heating is provided by an under floor system
- Vegetable and flower garden (for guest use)
- 3 acres automatically watered lawn and orchard
- Wi-Fi broadband access in most of the house
Air conditioning in each bedroom
- Solar panels installed for the pool to have it naturally heated at 28/30°C (82/86°F) in summer and 24-26°C (75/79°F) in the mid seasons, depending on the weather.
Further panels produce hot sanitary water and heat the hot tub.
BEDROOM 1: double bedroom, ensuite bathroom with walk in shower, veranda connecting to the rest of the house, guest's coatroom with W.C. and sink.
BEDROOM 2: double bedroom with separate entrance from the patio. Ensuite bathroom, tub with wall mounted shower. Staircase from lobby/veranda to first floor veranda allows access to six bedrooms.
BEDROOM 3: double master bedroom. Very large room (35 sq meters), with study area, hearth and sitting area, views on three sides, ensuite bathrooms (large stone tub with wall mounted shower, sink, second sink, separate W.C., large walk in closet.
BEDROOM 4: Sleeps up to five: one at floor level and four in a loft (internal staircase) with two single and a double. Suitable for kids (has satellite TV, VHS, DVD, and stereo) or parents with children. En-suite bathroom with walk in shower.
BEDROOM 5: double with ensuite bathroom, double sink, tub and wall mounted shower.
BEDROOM 6: double with ensuite bathroom, tub and wall mounted shower.
BEDROOM 7: double with ensuite bathroom, tub and wall mounted shower.
BEDROOM 8: double below the master suite. Views on three sides. Bath tub and wall mounted shower plus sink, separate WC and sink.
There is a wonderful housekeeper at this villa - on request she can make lovely Tuscan dinners for a few or many; she can assist with many things - allowing you a wonderful relaxing holiday.
- Nearest train station: Chiusi, 25 minutes Distance from airports: Rome and Pisa 2 hours, Florence 1.5 hours, Perugia 1 hour
- Distance from nearest towns: Rome 2 hours by car, 1.5 by train; Florence 1.5 hours by car, 1 by train; Siena, Perugia, Assisi 1 hour; Montalcino 30 minutes; S. Quirico, Pienza, Montepulciano, Sarteano, 15 to 20 minutes
- Other amenities: 4 hot spas and beauty farms from 10 to 30 minutes, wineries, wine shops, restaurants at short reach
- Nearest village Contignano (grocery, bakery, butcher, “pecorino” cheese factory and gas station) at only 5 minutes. Supermakets and full shopping at 15 minutes.
Included/Excluded in Price
Electricity, firewood supply for fireplaces & barbecue, garden and pool maintenance
Not included:available on request (at extra charge)
And much more following further requests Confirmation and prices will be given upon receiving details for each request
The house's position on a hilltop make for incredible views. The memorable landscape of the Val d'Orcia with its rolling hills,the ancient Mulberry tree outside and the cypress dotted roads in the distance look like a calendar poster for Tuscany. The visible landmarks read much like a Tuscan itinerary; Monte Amiata, Monte Cetona, Radicofani, Pienza, Montalcino, Rocca d'Orcia, and more.
Approx. Location of this luxury villa rental in Tuscany
View Larger Map
What an amazing property, we had the most fantastic stay, living the dream! The views from the pool..superb! The housekeeper was wonderful (I want to take her home) What can I say? it was a truly wonderful experience. Thanks so much Pam