Sleeps 6, 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
Ideally positioned in the Fornillo area of Positano, high enough to enjoy views, yet at a short distance from one of the nicest beaches, this Positano villa is a much loved and very charming 18th century family home, full of character and memories.
Vacation Property Details
The entrance door hides a terrace with a lemon grove which runs along the ground floor rooms.
One level up is a large paved terrace, a real garden of delight adorned with classic style columns supporting a thick and vibrant bougaivillea and wisteria pergola. Large terracotta pots hold mature jasmine, palms and colourful geraniums, with views of Positano, the village of Fornillo and its “presepe” completing the picture of this historical house.
The well maintained interiors, featuring high vaulted ceilings and terracotta tiles, are furnished with period pieces. Many original paintings and portaits, prints and ceramics give the house a very intimate feeling and an old world atmosphere.
Built on three levels with a mezzanine in between, there are two accesses: from a typical stairway street and internally from a private garage, very unusual in Positano.
The house is approx.150 sqm with a 70sqm terrace. Ground floor:
- Entrance from terrace into hall / sitting room
- Twin bedroom opening to lemon garden terrace
- Shower room
- Large master bedroom and en suite bathroom with tub, with double opening to same terrace
Internal steps to first floor or:
- Entrance from lower terrace through external steps into living room, featuring sofas and large fire place adorned with ceramic tiles
- Well equipped in built kitchen, covered with hand made reproductions of antique tiles, opening to small utility terrace facing street
Steps to mezzanine floor:
- Dining corner for 7, with window and door opening to the upper terrace, furnished with outdoor table and chairs, granite and wrought iron benches, sun loungers
Thirteen steps to second floor:
- Double bedroom with matrimonial gondola style bed and in built safe, opening to small balcony with views
- Single bedroom suitable for a child with window sharing same view
- Shower room
Access: 22 Steps from road level to entrance or 25 internal steps from garage leading directly into the house
Facilities: Cordless telephone, washing machine, TV ( Italian channels) , private garage ( 6 mts. length x 5 mts width x 2,5 mts height) , ironing facilities and hairdryer
Services: English speaking manager on call Maid service: 2 hours, 2 days a week. Change of linen on Saturdays. Mandatory weekly cleaning fee Euro 120,00, payable locally. Electricity: will be charged locally at Euro 0,42 per kwh
- Bus stop to Positano centre: 50 m. Shops and restaurants within walking distance;
- Nearest beach: Fornillo , 500 m. approx. From Fornillo walk to main beach 400m,
- Steps to Marina Grande: approx 600 m
- Bus to Amalfi and Sorrento: approx 1,5 Km
- Sorrento (further facilities, hospital,
- train to Naples) 22 km • Amalfi 15 km • Ravello 25 km • Pompeii 55 km
- Airports: Naples 70 km, Rome (Fiumicino) 330 km - Hydrofoil from Naples: 50 min