Sleeps 10 ( + 2 children), 5 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms, AC
Do not inquire for less than one week
Available year round on request except school holidays.
Maison Cassis dominates, with its sun lounge on the roof, its many terraces, and its swimming pool, a panoramic seascape and landscape, with breathtaking views.
- Architect-designed House (roughly 380m2)
- 5 double bedrooms (king size beds and attached twins) and shower room en suite with large shower à l’Italienne, large wash basin, heater-towels and separate WC.
- 1 bedroom for 2 children with twin beds, 1 cot and 1 highchair
- 2 fully equipped kitchens
- spacious living quarters
- AC throughout
- Heated swimming pool (protected)
- Tropical garden (2.800m2)
- Various terraces and basins (protected)
Vacation Property Details
The house was completely renovated and restored in 2009 to take advantage of its hillside situation, but also to adapt it to its botanical and geological context.One can tell that an architect had a hand in this... serene and lovely setting
The swimming pool and its surroundings are especially agreeable, perfectly balancing its dominant position, lanscaping and very complete equipment.
A sculpted metal door opens onto a patio with large jars, reminiscent of Andalucía In the centre, a basin with fountains brings life to this area which distributes access to the house via the doors under the arcades.
The kitchen of the house that is ideally equipped; gaz and electric hob, electric oven, steam oven, mw oven, American style fridge, washing machine, coffee machine, electric kettle, toaster…opens onto a large space, bathed in light, where the living room and the dining room are located. Stone floors and furnishings in a pleasing harmony of beige and grey, glass, and complementary fabrics.
The simplicity of a contemporary decor, with few, but beautiful objects, minimal, but tasteful furnishings, very comfortable sofas and a fantastic volcanic stone fire-place (insert)
This living area faces south beyond bay windows that seem to replace the walls, and extends via a terrace creating the effect of a being on a boat, facing the sea and overlooking the garden.
Located between the salon and the dining room an interior stairway leads to a guest powder room and to 5 large bedrooms and to the children’s bedroom situated at garden level, of which 4 have independent access via their private terraces.
The terraced exotic garden, that also has flat areas, is planted with rare trees and provides a harmonious setting for the house, with a succession of lawns interlaced with stone walls and paths. One side of the house hides another basin, providing a calm and meditative atmosphere.
This beautiful architect-designed house, backing onto the slopes of Cap Canaille, is perfectly set in a luxurious tropical garden combining mysterious corners and exotic plants, and dominates majestically the surrounding sea and mountain views. The village of Cassis is nearby, with its year-round activities, but the Quartier des Crêtes is calm and peaceful, ... yet just 15 minutes away on foot is the picturesque and charming port, a full of life, with restaurants, cafes, elegant boutiques, a casino, discothèques (young people love Cassis) and a sand beach, where you can dine or drink an apéritif on the waterfront, or hire a boat to explore the world-famous calanques - that are like fingers of the sea that reach inland, carving out dizzying peaks and giving the sea its calmness and incomparable colour with their crystal-clear water and majestic cliffs, or the islands which are scattered along this part of the Mediterranean coastline.
- Heated swimming pool: 12mx6m, fenced, equipped with a protective cover, accessible via steps.
- Hamam, powder room and outdoor shower at the pool.
- Summer kitchen is a true completely equipped kitchen : electric hob, electric oven, MW oven, fridge and dishwasher. It extends to a covered area for lunches in comfort with sky, the hills and the sea as the only horizon!!!
- Laundry room at garden level with washing machine, dryer and 2 sinks.
- AC throughout the house (can be controlled individually)
- Enclosed terraced garden with flat areas (2.800m2)
- A petanque area, just below the swimming pool, with a bench for spectators awaits sport-lovers. Various protected terraces and basins
- From one terrace, a spiral staircase (protected) gives access to the roof and a sun-lounge in wood, where you can drink up the pleasure of sunbathing, and which has an exceptional view.
- There is high quality equipment throughout: Satellite TV and small fridge in most bedrooms
- CD & DVD players, Wi-Fi
- Garden furniture is of a tasteful style: 10 pool beds
Not suitable to wheelchairs
The property has full security via a sophisticated video system with screens Electric gate with remote control and protective code
The “Port” and the Centre of the village are 15mn walking distance Child friendly Bus stop nearby Car recommended Nearest supermarket: 5mn by car Nearest beach: walking distance (10mn) by car 3mn
- Marseille-Provence Airport 55mn Hyeres Airport 45mn
- Marseille: 20 minutes away via a little coast road -La Gineste - with splendid views of the sea.
- Aix-en-Provence: 35 minutes away via highway
Bandol (known for its red wine): 20mn
The farmers' market is held Saturday morning. There is a Supermarket in the Centre of town. Inland, there is a vineyard known for its white wine, where it is easy to organize a wine tasting.
Included/Excluded in Price
Included: Water,Electricity,AC,Wi-Fi,Satellite TV ,Heating of the swimming pool, House linen & pool towels 1 cot, 1 high chair , Up keep of the garden and pool maintenance, Concierge Service
Not included in the rental price:
- Daily maid service of 3hours every day (5days) at a rate of 16€/hr to be paid extra ( to be confirmed at time of rental)
- Laundry Service: on request
- Final cleaning: 300€ to be paid by renters
- directly to the property manager at the eve of departure
- Breakfast service and lunch preparation: on request
- Chef Service for some dinners: on request
- Food shopping Service: on request
- Baby-sitting service: on request
- Meet/ Greet airport or train station: on request