Luxury Palazzo, sleeps 12 (+5), in 7 bedrooms, 8.5 bathrooms, stunning restoration just finished, the most beautiful rental property in Venice; 4 night minimum stay; Luxury villa in Venice
A small but charming four story Venetian palazzo with a water front and private deck. Depicted by Canaletto and Guardi it stands beside a 16th century church designed by Palladio and a 15th century bell tower by Codussi. Stunning views all around. Recently totally restored by a well known Interior Designer, rent this palazzo in Venice for a truly unique experience
Vacation Property Details
- Sleeps up to 16 in 6 formal bedrooms and a spacious loft with 4 sofa beds.
- 8 bathrooms, each one with walk in shower + small washroom near the main kitchen at the ground floor.
- Three kitchens.
- Gym with small pool/hot tub.
- Three living areas on the first floor and on the loft.
- Five dining areas (formal dining room, terraces, loft and on the campo). Large multimedia hall.
Ground floor: Main entrance leads to the stairs and lift. On the right small entrance hall, hallway and main kitchen.
Stairs (four steps) lead to the cavanna (ancient boat shelter) a 1000 sq feet vaulted room that can be used for dining in 50 people, conferences, meetings, dancing, music, cinema etc. The room will be also accessible from the main entrance.
Beyond the cavanna gym with shower in small bathroom, heated pool/hot tub. Doors open to tiny garden, will become a 1,000 sq. feet garden in 2013.
First floor: through staircase (or lift) you will reach the 2nd kitchen, dining room, 2 living rooms, 2 bedrooms each with en suite. Lift arrives directly on dining/living.
Three doors lead to large terrace overlooking the water.
Second Floor: Master bedroom with water views, a large tub and a balcony overlooking Palladian church, second bedroom has a Turkish bath, two more bedrooms, each with en suite accommodation.
Loft: reachable by stairs or lift it has a third kitchen with eating on counter, living spaces, bathroom, and living area with four sofa beds for sleeping up to 4 teenagers or a couple.
Stairs lead to 150 feet roof terrace from which you can enjoy stunning views over Venice, having dinner or drinks.
NOTE: The main kitchen on the ground floor is equipped to accommodate large parties of up to 50, and can be used for cooking lessons and for daily cooking for guests. Larger parties (for 200 and more) can be organized through catering. The first floor kitchen is used mainly for breakfast but also as support for the main kitchen when guests eat in the dining room or terrace. The loft kitchen is used for serving meals or drinks on the roof terrace. Guests can choose to eat directly at the kitchen counter.
POINTS OF INTEREST/DISTANCES:
- San Pietro in Castello was the patriarchal church of Venice for more than 500 years;
- It is located between the two major exhibition centers in Venice, Giardini della Biennale and Arsenale.
Obviously its destination is not for hurried tourists but could be the ideal location for a group looking for deepening its knowledge on Venice and laguna and its hinterland including Vicenza, Verona, Padova that they can reach by water taxi + private coach.
- From this a luxury villa in Venice, you can quickly move to the center or make tours in the laguna using water taxis, without suffering the big disadvantage of finding yourself stuck among thousand of tourists.
- Otherwise at a short reach on foot you will be able to reach three different stops of "vaporetti" that will bring you anywhere wish. If you just wish to walk San Marco is reachable in 20 minutes.
- In a few minutes by water taxi you can reach any island in the Venice laguna as: Murano, Burano, Torcello, Mazzorbo, San Servolo with it's historical monuments, amenities and famous restaurants
- The Lido with its renowned beaches and hotels, tennis courts, restaurants etc.
- The Alberoni golf course, considered among the 10 best in Italy (http://www.circologolfvenezia.it/)
- The most important permanent Venetian art collections in the world as Musei dell'Accademia (mainly XVI century paintings) or Ca' Rezzonico (mainly XVIII century paintings)
- Modern and contemorary art collections as Guggenheim, Plazzo Grassi and Punta della Dogana
Worldwide sought after international events at a short walking distance: Biennale dell'arte (contemprary art) and Biennale dell'Architettura (contemporary architecture) in alternative years and the yearly cinema festival at the LIdo.
Included/Excluded in Price
PROVIDED SERVICES (included)
- Airport or train station collection by water taxi.
- Standard morning services: preparing breakfast, daily room cleaning, bed making, weekly bed and bath linen changing and final cleaning.
- Electricity, air conditioning, house heating and water heating.
- Wi-Fi broadband access.
- Hairdryer in each bathroom.
Cots, cradles, high chairs, wheelchair, can be easily provided.
AVAILABLE SERVICES ON REQUEST (at extra charge)
- Meals at the house to be planned in advance.
- Personal laundry and extra cleaning
- UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY: Private visits to villas and Palazzi closed to the public, having lunch/dining with the owners, special meetings with international writers, painters, glass artists and more.
- These activities will be provided by experienced concierge services operators, professional English speaking guides, caterers, etc.
The range of proposed activities can be further enlarged but our effort is to better target our offer to the requirements/expectations of the client. Here below some examples:
- Beaches, cruising, sailing, fishing, water skiing, rowing school (venetian boats are normally driven by one only row as the gondolas)
- Winery tours, wine tasting, cooking classes, best restaurants in town and in the region
- Art, history of art, architecture: old masters, contemporary art, guided tours in Venice off the touristic circuits, private visits to museums, palazzo, churches, villas.
- Watching glass masters doing marvelous handicrafts, engraving school, watercolor courses.
- Visiting the laguna and its islands (Torcello and its fabulous restaurant Cipriani, Burano, Mazzorbo with its New York Times celebrated Venissa, Sant'Erasmo and many others).
- Boat trips along the riviera del Brenta as far as Padua with its 30 and more villas (among them the Palladian Malcontenta and Villa Pisani at Stra)
- Trips to Vicenza to see the most celebrated Palladian villas and Palazzos, having lunch with the owners surrounded by Tiepolo frescoes
- Romantic tour through the Venice channels in a rowboat
- Visiting the superb Venetian countryside with its historical towns and villas (Asolo, Marostica, Maser, Conegliano, Castelfranco, Treviso and many others)
- And much more following further requests Confirmation and prices will be given upon receiving details for each request
Recent comments from the first guests:
Now that we are back home I wanted to let you know how fabulous our stay in in the Palazzo was for our entire family. The palazzo was perfect for all 16 of us, each in their own bed. The location was outstanding, very close to everything and the staff was wonderful. Sophia,and Rocco, the chef and server you recommended could not have been more delightful and superb in the kitchen. Michella was a wonderful resource and handled every request with charm. You did a wonderful job in creating a wonderful home that anyone would enjoy. I informed Bruce of our delight and would be more than happy for you to use me as a reference at any time. Best regards, John R
The Palazzo was just mesmerizing! It was jaw-droppingly gorgeous! Andrea was terrific as was Michaela. The location was quiet and away from the maddening crowds. The availability of the water taxis was key for some of our travel companions. Our group really had a wonderful time and felt like we were in a very special place. Donata, the recommended tour guide, was a gem. Our day turned out to be fantastic! ... she was really worth every penny in the end. Thanks, as always for everything. We saw a side to Venice we would have otherwise missed, and loved every minute of it! . Nancy B. P, MD